Welcome to Foxes' Class
Happy New Year!
Class Teachers: Mrs Endean and Ms McGuinness
Class Teaching Assistant: Miss Cahalan
Mrs Endean will be teaching on Mondays and Tuesdays
Ms McGuinness Wednesdays, Thursday and Fridays
This term we will be taking a journey around the
United Kingdom and other countries in Europe.
We will be having a geography and art focus over the next two terms.
Our class reader is the amazing Wolf Brother:
Thousands of years ago, a powerful and malevolent force conjured a demon: a demon so evil that it could only be contained in the body of a ferocious bear, a demon determined to destroy the world. Only one boy can stop it ...
Here are some really useful links to learn more about our topic:
- Oak Academy has some really fun and interesting art ideas
- Oak Academy has some useful lessons about Europe
- Learn some interesting facts about Europe
Some useful information about this year:
P.E. will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays - please come to school in your P.E. kit.
Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and handed in on Tuesdays.
Spelling words will be given out on Mondays and tested on Fridays.
Times Tables will be practised throughout the week and tested on Fridays.
Doodle Maths: Your child now has a subscription to Doodle Maths and we recommend that they spend 10 minutes a day using Doodle Maths to practise numeracy skills.
Hero of the Week
Your children have been asked to think about a hero: dead, alive, known personally, do not know personally, who they admire and respect. We would like them to talk to the class about this person for a couple of minutes - they can use a Powerpoint, photographs, objects to assist them with this. Confidence in speaking out loud to an audience is something we like to develop in our children.
Here is the rota for the year.
Home-school books need to be completed each week and signed by an adult.
Please can you ensure that all clothes and equipment are named or labelled.
- Books for Topics have amazing links to free readings of lots of really popular books.
- The Book Trust have some amazing activities available, including authors reading their books allowed and illustrators teaching you how to draw.
- NRICH has lots of interesting Maths activities and challenges, as does I see Maths.